Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Expansions (And long overdue blog update)

I want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has checked out my blog, and I hope you've liked the downloads and content. I know I haven't updated in forever, and it's partially because I just haven't had the time to play The Sims 3 :( The last time I played was around Christmas of last year, and finally got to try out Generations and Pets, and I liked those EP's a lot. I never got a chance to talk about them, but I think they a couple of the best ones to date, and sadly I only just scratched the surface of their features (I still have to check out the horses!).

Showtime came out, and I'm not gonna lie...the idea of the EP seemed a bit weak to me. I still have yet to buy it, because the features just seem a bit ho hum (though I must admit, the town looks really nice). I'll probably buy it one of these days. It does seem to have some nice objects at least, but I'm not in a big hurry to play it.

In contrast, Late Summer/Fall of 2012 are bringing two very cool EP's. The first, Supernatural, looks very cool if your get into horror/magic and obviously, the supernatural ;) I've already preordered my copy because the Plants VS Zombies bonus items look pretty cool. Not sure when I'll get around to playing it though. I'm hoping I can find some time in October, since I'm a big Halloween buff and like to spend October doing spooky-related things, hehee! Supernatural would fit nicely, but I have a lot on my plate, so it's just a matter of waiting and seeing how my schedule is.

Supernatural Trailer:



Some new features in Supernatural include:

Werewolf Sims
Witch Sims
Fairy Sims
Vampire Sims (even if you don't have Late Night)
Zombies (yay!)
New Town: Moonlight Falls
Alchemy (New skill to learn, lots of potions to make)
New Lunar Cycle (crazy stuff can happen on the day of the full moon)
Spell Casting
Broomsticks (new vehicle type)
Gypsy Caravan (Fortune Teller career I believe, similar to bartending iirc)

I probably forgetting lots of stuff, but it really looks like a solid pack for those who miss Makin' Magic.

Even more exciting (imho) is The Sims 3 November release of Seasons!!!

Ok, I'm calm again. Seasons looks very very good. They've implemented holidays, which honestly, I never imagined we'd get. To eliminate religious affiliations though, they have based the holidays on real life, but have renamed them. For example, Halloween is called Spooky Day! The attention to detail looks remarkable, and I'm really hoping it's half as good as it looks.

Seasons Trailer:


Some features:

Swimming in the ocean
Pool float
Festivals (a different one for each seasons; changes automatically)
Food stands
Snocones
Tanning Booths (more like spray tanning)
Snowboarding
Roller/Ice Skating
Snowball Fights
Snowman Building
Umbrellas
Pumpkin Carving (pumpkins are grown, so pumpkin patches can be made!)
Haunted House
Bobbing For Apples
Trick or Treating on Spooky Day (omg! omg! omg!)
Costumes
Gift Giving Party (I think this can be done anytime since it's a new party type, but I think it's supposed to be like Christmas)
Easter Egg hunts
Kissing Booths
Slow dancing (finally!)
and obviously...
WEATHER! Rain, Snow, Hail, Thunderstorms, Lightning, Blizzards, Heatwaves

They're cramming in a lot! One minor disappointment is no A/C or heat. Temperature inside Sims' homes is always perfect :/ I would've really loved to seen fireplaces be more useful at least. Maybe they will help thaw very chilly Sims faster...I hope. Oh well. It's not a HUGE deal, but would've added that little extra bit of realism. Maybe some clever modder will be able to add it ;D

So, yeah, I'm actually feeling pretty excited about The Sims 3 again, and I'm hoping I'll have some time to play it around the holidays *fingers crossed*

The one last thing I want to add is, I'm not sure when/if I'll be adding more downloads. I attempted custom content for a loooong time and never did get the hang of it. NOTHING would show up right in game :( So no hope of that unfortunately. I do like making new lots, and I know I had a couple works in progress going awhile back, but I dunno. Since my time has been more limited, when I finally get around to playing the Sims 3 again, I'd rather just play with the Sims themselves rather than build lots, but who knows what the future will bring.

And in case anyone's curious about one of the things that's been keeping me busy, I'm a writer (have been since I was 13 years old), and I just released my first novel on Kindle (shameless plug alert!!). Check it out, if you want ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment