Saturday, January 29, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my new blog: LollySims! This blog will mostly feature stuff about The Sims 3, but don't be surprised if I reminisce about Sims 1 and 2 on occasion ;) The main purpose of this blog is to share links to some great custom content, as well as review new expansion packs when they come out, share my experiences with Sims 3, and hopefully offer my own stuff (probably lots and Sims) to download eventually!

So, just a quick introduction, my name is Laura aka LollySims. I've been using that name since Sims 1 (which I actually have a website by that name with Sims 1 content floating around the world wide web somewhere!). Not a whole lot of backstory to that name. My nickname has been "Lolly" since I was a kid, and so I just tacked it onto "Sims" so I could easily remember my username at various Sims forums and websites. I mostly frequent ModTheSims, so maybe you've seen me post there...or not...that's cool :)

The Sims franchise has been an obsession of mine for years now. Starting with Sims 1, its expansions, Sims 2, and its expansions, and now Sims 3 and its expansions (just got "Late Night" this past Christmas, so have been playing Bridgeport a lot lately). I consider myself a creative person, I've been writing novels since I was thirteen, so Sims is a great outlet for storytelling and even helps with writer's block sometimes. As much flack as the makers of The Sims get, I honestly think there is no game out there that even comes close to offering the freedom and creativity that the Sims franchise gives its players. That's not to say I don't get irked by the bugs that come out with each expansion pack, but sometimes I feel like enough credit isn't given for what we DO get, because let's face it...the Sims fans have high expectations and long lists of wants they'd like to have available in the game, myself included, and no game/expansion pack could really live up to it.

That being said, I don't know about everyone else, but there's a new expansion pack slated for release in May, and I'm hoping it features weather AND pets AND professions suited for both!  Hey, a girl can dream! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment